Read it over.
Let those words resonate in your mind.❞
do you ever get really impressed with how well u remember lyrics to songs from like 5 years ago
words that white people need to get out of their vocabulary:
- anything appropriated from AAVE
- barbaric (and its derivatives, e.g. “Barbary,” “Berber”)
- ethnic (as a descriptor meaning non-white: e.g. “ethnic hair,” “ethnic food”)
- exotic (full stop)
- mocha, caramel, honey, other food items (when used to describe a person of colour’s skin tone)
- traditional (when referring to a practice by a non-white culture that exists to this day)
- urban (when used to mean non-white)
I just discovered the term “spectrumslide” as an alternative to the term “genderbend” and I REALLY think people should start using it and loving it as much as I do. It takes into account both the gender and sex spectrums, so not only is it not transphobic, it also is a lot more interesting and fun to experiment with.